Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Exercise Corner, Pt 4.

 
http://c2texercise.com/index.php/examples/stretchingprogram 
Jump on it!
     Well, this post is about jumping over it, actually. Jump rope happens to be a GREAT calorie burner... it is an extreme, filled-to-the-brim of cardio activity that disguises itself as a child's game.  I am NOT speedy at jumping rope... or attractive while jumping rope... my coordination is so lacking it's almost crippling. But, going at a pretty slow pace and paying attention to the floor and my feet, I can keep it up for a pretty long while. When I was looking up how many calories it burned on caloriecount.about.com, I was shocked!
Calories burned per hour: 531 calories per hour
Which is the same as...
- 2 Grande Starbucks Cafe Lattes (made with Whole Milk)
- 0.8 of a McDonald's big mac with cheese
- 6.7 glasses of wine (3.5 fl. oz.)
- 1.9 Snickers bars
- 2.6 cans of Coca-Cola
- 17.7 carrots

     Needless to say. I shall be purchasing my OWN jump rope immediately. My coordination had better deal with it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment